An experimental Shabbos lunch side dish I’ve made up today in honour of the worldwide Shabbos Project. I hope that all Jewish readers will be participating in this amazing event and switching off their electronic devices this Shabbos to “keep it together”.
Good Shabbos everyone!
Made one 1.5L loaf tin
Ingredients – I used the size veg I had, I’m sure it would work with larger carrots and courgettes too. Carrots and courgettes were about the same volume.
4 smallish carrots
Salt, pepper, mustard powder
1/2 cup wholemeal self raising flour
- Put the kettle on to boil
- While the kettle of boiling, peel carrots and cut into large chunks, and wash courgettes and cut into large chunks.
- Boil the veg until soft.
- Either mash by hand or whizz it up in the food processor (that’s what I did).
- Season with salt, pepper and mustard powder
- Add eggs and mix
- Add flour and mix
- Spray a tin with oil and pour in the mixture.
- Cook at about 180°C until it is cooked through approximately 20 minutes, (top is browned a bit and the middle is set). If the top gets brown before the middle is set then cover with foil and continue cooking at a lower temperature until set.