Here’s for something a bit different – a recipe! It is much lower calorie and carbs than regular lasagna but so delicious, and also very quick and straightforward to make.
This afternoon H fell asleep. Lovely Husband had been back to doctor today and his chest infection has developed into pneumonia. So LH had also gone to sleep. My Wonderful Parents were collecting R&M and I made lasagna. I thought I’d share my super easy and healthy recipe and see what you think?
I didn’t actually end up eating it for supper tonight as instead I ate veggie nuggets, chips and lettuce with the kids but one is in the freezer and I’m looking forward to having the other for lunch tomorrow.
Made two small lasagna’s (1.5L loaf tins, would serve 2-3 each depending if you were having anything else with it)
Update: I had half of the lasagna for lunch today and oh my word! I think I have a new favourite food! I put a little grated mozzarella and warmed it up in the microwave. Yum yum yum.
Half a packet lasagna sheets
A pack of butternut squash “lasagna sheets” (available from Sainsbury’s)
2 tubs cottage cheese
1 bag tivall vegetarian mince
A jar of tomato sauce (you could substitute passata or tinned tomatoes mixed with vinegar, sweetener and herbs if you so wished)
- In a bowl mix the mince and tomato sauce
- Layer in your tin mince mixture, then a lasagna sheet, then cottage cheese, then butternut squash sheet.
- Keep going, best to finish with a mince layer or it will burn.
- Cook at about 180°C for about 25 minutes.
- Optional – sprinkle grated cheese like mozzarella either with the cottage cheese layer or just on the top towards the end of cooking time.